Kotak Mahindra Bank - Kotak Securities
Kotak Mahindra Bank - Overview
Kotak Mahindra Bank, launched in 2003 and headquartered at Nariman Point, Mumbai, is the first non-banking Indian company to get converted to a bank. Its parent conglomerate, the Kotak Mahindra Group (established in 1985), belongs to the major financial institutions in India. Kotak's main unit, Kotak Mahindra Finance Limited, was relaunched in 2003 as Kotak Mahindra Bank. Kotak Group - including Kotak Bank - now offers the whole range of both banking and non-banking services; its customers can also enjoy the comfort of modern Kotak net banking opportunity.
As of October 2013, Kotak Mahindra Bank had a network of 500 branch offices and 1000 ATMs. Kotak Bank's world presence includes Singapore, Mauritius, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, London, California and New York.
Kotak Mahindra Bank has collected many awards in recognition of its service. Kotak products related to investment banking, wealth management and securities are highly respected in India. As evidences of quality and professionalism here could be mentioned:
• For Kotak securities - Best Broker in India Award for 2006, 2009 and 2010 (FinanceAsia);
• For Kotak investments - Best Domestic Investment Bank Award for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (Asset Asian Awards);
• For Kotak insurances - #1 rank in Type II Unit-linked Insurance Plan category for 2008 (Outlook Money).
History of Kotak Mahindra Bank
By the time of obtaining its banking license from Reserve Bank of India in February 2003, Kotak Mahindra Bank was already well-trained in financial operations. On the broad base of Kotak Mahindra Group, it commenced its business at full power - and, at the same time, started demonstrating its own name and quality. Over the years, Kotak Mahindra Bank has been constantly growing in terms of service options, assets and customer base.
As Kotak Group maintains a strong interaction between its subsidiaries, Kotak Mahindra Bank combines its banking operations with the non-banking service of the other Kotak companies: Kotak Securities Ltd., Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd., Kotak Mahindra Prime Ltd., Kotak Mahindra Capital Company, Kotak International Business, Kotak Mahindra Assets Management Company Ltd., Kotak Private Equity Group, Kotak Realty Fund.
Although a comparatively new banking institution, Kotak Mahindra Bank already belongs to the trusted companies in the sector. Among the milestones in Kotak Mahindra Bank's road are the following:
• In 1986, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor, Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd., launched its bill discounting activity.
• In 1991, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor promoted its Investment Banking Division.
• In 1992, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor began to take part in Funds Syndication sector.
• In 1995, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor turned its brokerage/distribution activities and Investment Banking division in a separate companies (see above).
• In 1998, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor started offering mutual fund related services, through the Group's Asset Management company.
• In 2000, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor entered an agreement with Old Mutual Plc. so to start providing life insurance products.
• In 2002, Kotak Mahindra Bank's precursor become an anchor investor at Ahmedabad Commodity Exchange.
• In 2004, Kotak Mahindra Bank launched its India Growth fund.
• In 2005, Kotak Mahindra Bank promoted its real estate fund.
• In 2008, Kotak Mahindra Bank promoted its pension fund in accordance with the new pension system in India.
• During 2010-2011, Kotak Mahindra Bank won over half a million new customers.
• In 2011, Kotak Mahindra Bank Treasury commenced its Correspondent Banking Division purposed at building relationships with offshore banks, so to improve the international part of its service.
• Again in 2011, Kotak Mahindra Bank tied up with Evercore Partners, a global investment advisory company based in New York, in order to enable cross-border advisory service between India, USA, UK and Mexico.
Kotak Mahindra Bank's Products and Services
There are a lot of really versatile opportunities offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank to its customers. Abilities of Kotak Mahindra Bank cover the needs of both retail and corporate clients, as well as abroad based Indians and Indians of rural areas. The full list of options is exposed on the Kotak Mahindra Bank website, together with all concrete details of the plans and offers. The short description of Kotak Mahindra Bank core products goes below.
1. Kotak Mahindra Bank personal banking service - where offered:
• Accounts and Deposits - savings, current and term deposit accounts, corporate salary account, Kotak Mahindra Bank 3-in-1 Account;
• Loans - personal and home loans, loans against property/securities, Kotak Mahindra Bank Gold Loans;
• Investments and Insurance options - life insurance, new pension scheme, Kotak Mahindra Bank mutual funds and demat account;
• Kotak Mahindra Bank cards - credit and debit cards, Gold debit card and Privy League Platinum debit card;
• Financial inclusion - with Kotak Mahindra Bank, there are several plans and schemes for different needs;
• Agri business - Kotak Mahindra Bank Agri SME and Kotak Mahindra Bank Agri Corporate;
• Special services by Kotak Mahindra Bank - among them: InstaPay, Shoppe Cash, Kotak Multi Currency World Travel Card and more.
2. Kotak Mahindra Bank service for non-resident Indians - offering:
• NRI Accounts and Deposits - Kotak Mahindra Bank includes here some structured products and special schemes;
• NRI Loans by Kotak Mahindra Bank - home loan and home improvement loan;
• Money transfer through Kotak Mahindra Bank - facilities include: Click2Remit, Wire transfer and more;
• Investments and Insurance - schemes especially designed by Kotak Mahindra Bank to suit the NRI needs;
• Card service for NRI - for instance, Kotak Mahindra Bank Global Debit Card, Access India Debit Card and more.
3. Kotak Mahindra Bank privileged banking service - as follows:
• Kotak Mahindra Bank Privy League options - in terms of personal and business banking, investments and insurance, financial planning etc.;
• Kotak Mahindra Bank Wealth Management options - they also include estate planning, family banking and NRI service.
4. Kotak Mahindra Bank service for small and medium enterprises - by means of:
• Kotak Mahindra Bank accounts - it offers here several flexible current account schemes;
• SME Loans and Overdrafts with Kotak Mahindra Bank - a lot of options regarding business loans, credit access, rural auto and farm equipment finance and more;
• Other SME products by Kotak Mahindra Bank - working capital finance, trade services, dealer finance etc.;
• Government business options through Kotak Mahindra Bank.
5. Kotak Mahindra Bank wholesale banking service - as follows:
• Accounts and plans - including Kotak Mahindra Bank Treasury service, mutual funds etc.;
• Funded / Non-funded products by Kotak Mahindra Bank - working capital, import/export services, bank guarantee and more.
Kotak Securities Ltd. - Trade Service, Products and Tutoring
Kotak Securities Limited is a fully-owned subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank, established in 1994 with the purpose to maintain its trade business service. Kotak Securities Ltd. offers simultaneously a great trading platform, an opportunity of research expertize, various extended options (including value added services) and a possibility to improve your trading skills (through a comprehensible demo and other educational resources). Kotak Securities Ltd. has been pioneering many times, by offering trade products that are today industry standards in terms of stock broking in the country. Some of the main reasons to choose Kotak Securities as a partner in your stock activities could be the following:
• Kotak Securities' trade platform gives you the possibility to use different types of trade instruments (equity, derivatives, mutual funds, initial public offerings, Gold Exchange Traded Fund etc.);
• Kotak Securities Ltd. is a member of both the National Stock Exchange of India and the Bombay Stock Exchange;
• Kotak Securities' research experts are highly respected in terms of either technical and fundamental stock analysis.
Among the latest signs of recognition Kotak Securities Ltd. has won are the 'Fastest Growing Equity Broking House' award for 2012 and the 'Overall Best Equity Broking House' award for 2013.
'Kotak Convenience Banking' -
Kotak Mahindra Bank Modern Opportunities [h2 tag]
Kotak Mahindra Bank is not only a powerful financial institution but as well one that takes into account the important role of technology in all present-day services. Time saving, easiness of access, quality and safety come as a result of implementing the latest IT solutions in Kotak Mahindra Bank's service. They cover all main operations concerning accounts, loans, transactions, cards, cheques and non-banking products of Kotak Mahindra Bank. Kotak Bank convenience banking is provided through several ways, namely: Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM network, Kotak Payment Gateway, Cheque Deposit Kiosk, Kotak Bank SMS and phone banking, Kotak net banking and more; specific options are designed for each core product group.
➢ Kotak net banking opportunity
Kotak net banking is the most innovative way by which Kotak Mahindra Bank interacts with its customers. It also has the longest list of supported operations. State-of-the-art technology solutions are implemented here to both serve clients and protect their information and funds. To use Kotak Internet banking, you need to create a private Kotak Bank name and password. Then, through the Kotak net banking identity, you can access your information and manage your funds.
Kotak Mahindra Bank's professionals have set two underlying goals in their work. They strive to make Kotak Mahindra Bank 'the most trusted global Indian financial service brand' and, at the same time, to 'value creation rather than size alone' in any part of their business. With its constantly growing customer base, Kotak Mahindra Bank proves they have chosen the right combination of principles.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd Share Price Quote
|Trade Date||30-01-2015 05:04:59|
|Today's Range||1317.35 - 1348.90|
|52 Week Range||588.00 - 1034.90|